Hi, crafty friends! I hope you are having a happy holiday season with your loved ones. Before I share my project for today, I would like to share my favorite cards I’ve made for Altenew in 2015.
My Top 9 Favorite Altenew Cards from 2015
- Column 1: Celebrate, Elephant, Hello
- Column 2: Love potion, Happiness, Awesome
- Column 3: Orchid, Hello, I Love You
I would have loved to tell you the reason behind each of these cards, but I don’t want to make this post longer than it is and take more of your time. If you’d like to take a closer look at any of these projects, please click the links above. If you want, you can see all of my Altenew projects HERE.
- Stamp the sentiment from Oriental Orchid with watermark ink and heat emboss it with gold embossing powder. (It’s good to draw some guide lines with a pencil before stamping.)
- Stamp the outline images from the Beautiful Day with black ink.
- Make sure you start stamping with larger images first and then fill in the gap with smaller images.
- Color the images with Copic markers. (You can use any markers or colored pencils you may have.)
- Add some tiny dots in the gap with grey markers.
Here is a video showing you how I created my card. You can watch it here or in HD on YouTube.
The Best Black Ink for Copic Coloring
FYI, I used the Hero Arts black ink for stamping in the video, then I used the heat tool to dry the inked images. But the colors bled when I started coloring the images with Copic markers. I didn’t have any problem using Hero Arts black ink and Copic markets together before, but it didn’t worked out this time. So I had to make a stamped floral frame again using Memento Tuxedo ink which I missed filming the process.
What’s your favorite black ink for Copic coloring? Please share in the comment below. In the meantime, you can find some tips in the following sources I found: The best stamp pad for Copics and 11 Black ink comparison for stamping.
That’s all I have for today! I hope you enjoyed my card and got some inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!