Hello, and welcome to the Altenew January 2016 Blog Hop! If you came from the amazing Lydia’s blog, you are right on track! Today the design team girls are sharing some fabulous projects to celebrate the release of 10 new stamp sets.
I designed the Way Too Sweet stamp set for the Altenew’s January release. This set has all things cute, sweet, and edible. You can use it anytime to send someone a sweet message. I’ll share three cards to show you different ways to use this set on January 25th. Okay, now onto my card for today’s blog hop:
I created a Tango-inspired card using the Peony Bouquet stamp set. Recently I watched a movie Shall We Dance in my English class and started a dance fitness program called Zumba. Yes, I’m obsessed with dancing. 🙂 That is how my inspiration came from.
A red rose between the lady’s teeth is one of the most iconic image associated with Tango, but I had to replace it with a peony for my card. I only stamped the outline image and one of the layers in the set to enhance the color.
How to Make a Hello Card using Solid Stamped Background
- Stamp the solid images from the Peony Bouquet stamp set with black ink. (Please refer to 4 tips on how to achieve a good impression when solid stamping.)
- Stamp the flower outline image on a piece of red cardstock and stamp the second layer image.
- Cut out the flower with scissors. Die cut the frame out of gold paper and mount it on the stamped background using foam tape.
- Die cut the frame using Scallop Frames die and ‘hello’ using Halftone Hello die out of gold paper.
- Heat embossed the sentiment from You Are with white embossing powder.
Here is a process video showing you how I created my card. You can watch it here or in HD on YouTube:
Giveaways: There are two ways to win!
- To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away $50 gift certificate to three lucky winners. Please leave a comment on the Altenew blog for a chance to win! You have until Friday January 22 to leave your comments.
- And there is more! I have a gift certificate to give away for one winner: $30 gift certificate. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a comment, I will announce the winner in this post on January 22. Good luck!
It is now time to head on over to the talented Svitlana’s blog to see what creation she has to inspire you all. All the release products are now available for purchase in the Altenew online store. Thanks so much for stopping by today. Happy hopping!
Giveaway Winner (Edited)
Congratulations! Please email Altenew at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize with a subject line : January 2016 Release winner from May’s Blog