Hi, crafty friends. Today I’m so excited to share a watercolor card that I made for the Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge as a guest designer this month.
It is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Pinterest inspired photo, and you can find all the details HERE on the CLASSroom blog. To create my card, I was inspired by four shades of red and beautiful flower bouquet, and here is what I came up with:
I went something bold and sweet at the same time. But I have a love/hate relationship with this card. It wasn’t easy for me to capture the colors that I’ve wanted to achieve with watercolors.
By the way, the photos of my card turned out brighter and lighter than it actually is. The colors look much more darker and intense in real life.
Here is a process video showing you how I created my card. You can watch it here or in HD on YouTube.
How to Make a Magnolia Card using Watercoloring
- Pre-wet the entire sheet of watercolor paper with water and a big brush.
- Paint some colors onto the paper using Distress Ink and Kuretake Watercolors.
- Stamp the flower images from Mondo Magnolia Stamps and Bohemian Garden Stamps with watermark ink. Then heat emboss them using silver embossing powder.
- Die cut the flowers using Mondo Magnolia Dies and Bohemian Garden Dies.
- Create a ink splattered background using Color Shine pink and white ink.
- Stamp the sentiment from Amazing Women Stamps with black ink.
- Mount the flowers using foam tape and finish off the card with clear droplets.
That’s all I have for today! Don’t forget to check out the Pin-Sights challenge and link up your creations. A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Happy crafting!