Hello, crafty friends! I’m pleased as punch to officially announce that I’ve joined the amazing Hero Arts Creative Team. I am still pinching myself. Make sure to check out the Hero Arts blog as they announce a new member – yes, that’s me- today.
Here is what I came up with right after I received a design team box full of Hero Arts products last week:
I made a fun encouragement card using ombre background and color layering. Two fishes exploring the sea with fearless! Don’t they look so ambitious? While making the card, I realized that how much I missed this kind of cards. Something witty, catchy, and creative!
I love to tell a story with the images I put together for my card. To help you understand what I mean, I made a photo collage with 9 samples:
9 Creative Card Ideas with Storytelling
- Column 1: Meowday, Elephant , Rainbow Umbrella
- Column 2: I Love You, Ruff Day, Love Potion
- Column 3: Hello Friend, Oops, Hearts Shaker
If you want more details of any of these projects, please click the links above.
I had so much fun making this card, and really love how it turned out. I also made a video tutorial showing you how I created my card. You can watch it here or in HD on YouTube :
How to Make an Encouragement Card with Color Layering & Ombre Background
- Stamp the wave pattern from Wave Pattern Background using Ombre Tide Pool to Navy ink.
- Stamp the fishes from Color Layering Goldfish stamp set and die cut them using coordinating dies. (Inks used for big fish : Pale Tomato and Crimson, small fish : Soft Cantaloupe and Pale Tomato)
- Make a couple of slits using a kraft knife and put the die cut fishes in the slits using foam squares.
- Ink the colors along the edge of A2 sized top folding card using Ombre ink and sponge dauber.
- Mount the background panel on the card front using a double sided tape.
- White emboss the sentiment from the Dare To Dream stamp set using white embossing powder.
- Add some Glossy Accents to the eyes and finish off the card with clear gemstones.
That’s all I have for today! I hope you enjoyed seeing my card and got some inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!