Hello, and welcome to the Altenew March 2016 Blog Hop! If you came from the talented Lydia’s blog, you are right on track! Today the design team girls are sharing some fabulous projects to celebrate the release of new products: 2 4″x6″ stamp sets, 9 2″x3″ stamp sets, 21 dies, 6 papers, 12 inks, and a set of acrylic blocks.
I created a super sweet card using the Way Too Sweet stamp set along with brand new coordinating dies. Did you notice that I used watercolors to color my focal images? I went out of my comfort zone to try watercoloring and I’m so proud of how my card turned out. 🙂
Actually I’ve made a few watercolor cards for the last few months, but I never shared them here until now as I wasn’t satisfied with the results. Then I realized that my watercoloring skills won’t be improved if I kept my watercolor projects secret, so I decided to share my latest watercolor card today.
Here is a video showing you how I created my card. You can watch the video tutorial here or in HD on YouTube. If you like this video, please give it a thumbs up. I really appreciate your support and love.
How To Make a Handmade Card using Watercoloring
- Stamp the images from Way Too Sweet with black ink on some watercolor paper. (Make sure to use waterproof ink for watercolors. Or you can heat emboss the images with white/clear embossing powder.)
- Color the images using Peerless Watercolor Sheets. (I tried to color loosely and not to overcolor the images.)
- Die cut the colored images using the Way Too Sweet die set. (If you don’t have dies, fussy cut the images using scissors.)
- Heat emboss the sentiment from Way Too Sweet with white embossing powder on Dark Chocolate cardstock. (If you are new to this technique, check out the Heat Embossing Technique Tips and Tricks HERE.)
- Die cut the frame out of white cardstock using Scallop Frame Die and adhere it on the sentiment panel using foam tape.
- Mount the die cut images using foam tape. Then add some sparkles with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents.
Giveaways: There are two ways to win!
- To celebrate this release, Altenew will draw three winners who will each receive a $50 gift certificate to the Altenew store. Please leave a comment on the Altenew blog by
by Friday March 18th, 11:59 pm EST for a chance to win.
- And there is more! I have a gift certificates to give away a for $30 gift certificate to one winner. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel or follow my Instagram and leave a comment. I will announce the lucky winner in this post on Saturday, March 19th. Good luck!
It is now time to head on over to the amazing Marika’s blog to see what creation she has to inspire you all. If you get lost along the hop, please start at the beginning from the Altenew blog. All the release products are now available for purchase in the Altenew online store. Thanks so much for stopping by today. Happy hopping!
Giveaway Winner (Edited)
Congratulations! Please email Altenew at email@example.com to claim your prize with a subject line : March 2016 blog hop winner from May’s Blog.