Hi, crafty friends. Today I’m up on the Create A Smile blog with a fun and colorful one layer card as their guest designer this month. Here is what I came up with:
I couldn’t resist myself creating a whimsical scene by combining two stamp sets from Create A Smile: Botanical Love and Doctor’s Helpers. Can you guess the story I made up? There is one hedgehog living in a beautiful wonderland. He has been so productive planting all kinds of flowers for the past few years, and he finally picked his favorite flower to bring smiles to someone he loves. Does it make a sense to you? *wink*
I really love creating my own scene to tell a story on my card. It’s all about thinking outside the box and being creative.
4 Tips on Building Your Own Creative Scene
- Mix and match the images from different stamp sets.
- Look at the images from many different angles.
- Use a partial image of your stamp.
- Try not to use a stamp as originally designed.
If you have any tips to use the stamps in an innovative/creative way, feel free to share with me in the comment below. I would love to hear from you.
Here is a video showing you how I created my card. You can watch it here or in HD on YouTube.
How-to : One Layer Card using Masking, Stamping and Copic Coloring
- Stamp the images from the Botanical Love and Doctor’s Helpers from with Hero Arts black ink.
- Mask off the images along the way to create a dimension between them. (I stamped the images on some post-it notes and cut them out with scissors to create masks.)
- Color the images with Copic markers. (I took the color scheme from this image on Pinterest.)
- Add some interest on the images using Gelly Roll white pen and Glossy Accents.
- Add tiny dots on the white spaces with grey marker.
- Finish off the card with clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh to represent the dewdrops.
That’s all I have for today! I hope you enjoyed seeing my card and got some inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!