Hello, and welcome to the Altenew & Tombow USA collaboration blog hop! If you came from the amazing Therese’s blog, you are right on track! Today the design team girls are sharing some fabulous projects using both Altenew and Tombow USA products, and here is what I came up with:
I love creating my own stamped background and I went further this time to achieve a gallery style look. Instead of stamping the images directly on my card base, I watercolored and popped up my images on the card front.
I used Tombow Dual Brush Pens to watercolor my images and I spend less than 10 minutes watercoloring. You’ll see how easy and quick watercoloring can be in my video. You can watch it below or on my YouTube channel.
How to Make a Watercolor Card using Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- Stamp the images from Garden Grow stamp set with with black ink on some watercolor paper. (Make sure to use waterproof ink for watercolors. Or you can heat emboss the images with white/clear embossing powder.)
- Watercolor the images with Tombow Dual Brush Pen Set : Primary. (I tried to color loosely and not to overcolor the images.)
- Die cut the watercolored images with Garden Grow die set.
- Die cut the frame out of Woodgrain White cardstock using Scallop Frame Die and adhere it on the A2 size top folding card using foam tape. (I also used Woodgrain White cardstock for my card base.)
- Stamp the sentiments from the same set and mount the die cut images inside the frame using foam tape.
- There are TWO $30 Tombow USA prize packs and TWO $30 Altenew gift certificates up for grabs. Winners will be picked randomly from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below. Please leave your comments by Friday, June 3rd and winners will be announced on the Altenew and Tombow USA blogs on Saturday, June 4th.
- And there is more! I have a $15 Altenew gift certificate to give away to one winner. Leave a comment below and I will announce the lucky winner in this post on Saturday, June 4th.
It is now time to head on over to the talented Cynthia’s blog to see what creation she has to inspire you all. I am sure she has something amazing made up. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy hopping!
May Sukyong Park (you’re here!)
Giveaway Winner (Edited to add)
Congratulations, Denise! Please email Altenew at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize with a subject line : May 2016 Collaboration blog hop winner from May’s Blog.